Monday, July 21, 2014

Red work...

Since I've been off for summer vacation, all of us quilting buddies try to get together every Friday and sew, stitch, whatever we have that has to be done.





Last Friday, I finished up row 2, and today after sitting in Jury duty for 6 hrs today, I finished row 3!
This has been my handwork I do when I watch tv. It has taken awhile, because with summer here, I don't turn tv on that much these days.





So now, I have to take the 'stay' stitches out, starch, iron and assemble the frames to all of these.





I did not notice till I took them outside to take a picture, that one of the rows, the background fabric is a shade off. Hmmm. How did that happen? In the picture right above, it's the middle one.
I think once I get all the outside blocks on and frame it up, either of 2 things will happen. 1- you won't notice it (that's what I'm hoping for) or 2- it will totally set if off and it will look awful. Either way, it's going together. Too much work has gone into this baby!


1 comment:

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

If the shade stands out too much, you could tea dye the whole thing.