Wednesday, April 27, 2016

It's a flimsy....

Finished this top today.
There really is no pattern name to it. It's a Mill Brook Series, #14. Collection for a Cause, circa 1852. Fabric is Moda/Howard Marcus.
It measures about 73x98. It was a lot of fun to make. Need to find a good sale, I have 3 tops that need backings.

Monday, April 25, 2016

Cabinet...

It's done, but I just have to decorate it all up.
Before...
After..
For once, I am at a loss for decorating. I know for sure the tv is going up on the wall this weekend. Maybe that will help.
Mark finished it up this past weekend but I was in Gramma duty this last week. So now, my mind is turning on what to do.
Doesn't it look great?! Thanks honey!

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Cabinet...


I put my orders in for my grand idea for a new tv cabinet.
Here it is in the works...



It's comin' along.....Today I have to put my painting clothes on.

Monday, April 4, 2016

Liberty...

Another finish. It's called "Liberty".

It is a Red Door Design. Easy stitching once I figured the directions out. There was an error in them, and then it went together real easy. Boy oh boy... The pile upstairs is quickly growing.

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Not my Grandma's quilt....

My good friend Krista, acquired this quilt of her Grandma's while on a visit with her Mom in Northern California. The only thing that was wrong with it was it wasn't finished. It was quilted but it had no binding. That's when she called me. 
Not sure how old it is, but the fabrics are very, very weak. Thin. The backing is a see through white muslin.
So I fixed her up. Sent her a sneak peek and she loved it.

Here the rest...

I think she will be happy with it!

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Somewhere...

Over the rainbow....
As I was out doing all my running around, this rainbow stopped me in my tracks.
Then I went home and finished this one up.

It is a Kim Deihl pattern. Used some of my  collection of homespuns and still have a bunch left. I made the back up with 10" blocks all pieced together. It could be a pattern on both sides. Machine stitched the appliqué on, my fingers can't hold the needle for very long these days.
Went digging in my bin for things to sew and found out I had 2 of these. Red Door Designs. Gotta love em'.
I clipped one on here, and put the other in a frame.
I guess I thought it was really cute and bought it twice. Haha.  It's tiny, 3 1/2x5 at the most. 

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Getting ready for Easter....

Easter will be here before we know it. 
These are some of the pillows around the house.


I just got this one. Ordered it off Etsy.. My fav so far.
My daughter in law and my baby boy gave me this Easter lily before they left and it bloomed today.
Just in time! 1 more day of work then I need to focus on Easter... Grocery shopping. Yuck!

Monday, March 14, 2016

Camp Pendleton.....

This is a Rusty Crow quilt shop pattern. It measures roughly 62x70. This is Camp Pendleton. 
It was a really easy pattern to follow and put together until you piece the borders, then it all went to hell!   
As I read through it all, it seemed good, until I didn't have enough pieces for some squares. I had to go and calculate it over. Yuck! Then I thought maybe there were some corrections to the pattern, I searched and searched and searched! NOTHING! I even emailed Shawn York, the designer. She never,  ever responded to my email. That alone ticked me off. I waited 3 days and then I just wanted this stupid thing done.
So, I was 32 pieces short to start with. Then she had DOUBLED the amount of blocks needed that shouldn't have been. She called for 16 C units, I only needed 8. I was glad I caught that before I made them.
Once I figured all that out, I put blocks together. She had nice colored pages to make sure you put it together right, BUT...... She has 1 diagram displayed out wrong! I had to UNSEW 56 seams! I was really pretty pissed off by now!
Then when trimming, she says to trim to 6". If I did that... I wouldn't have 1/4 seem at corner of my units.
Then finally.... She says to put sides on, ok. Then top and bottom. It is not long enough. Shoot! I was not gonna take the borders off and figure anything else out. I was done! There is an extra 2 1/2" piece on each side of top and bottom borders. Once it's quilted, you will never know I pieced it all together. 
Not sure if she miss calculated the # of blocks or what... But I'm over it and it's done! PHEW!


Sunday, March 13, 2016

Vintage Marketplace....

Went to visit the Vintage Marketplace in Temecula yesterday. AWESOME! It is usually held in Rainbow, but they switched things up and held it at Galway Downs.


 It was just unbelievable. There was plenty of room for everyone, truck food, which was awesome also, and no shortage of vendors that's for sure. I came home with 1 little antique gas can which I did not take a picture of, but this next picture is my new project to be. 
After Mark builds this and I paint it, this will be my new tv stand. I have been looking for just the right thing and here it is. I was gonna buy this but when Mark found out how much it was, he said he could build it for 1/2 the price. SOLD! I told him. I can't wait! So excited..